Every four years, following each Presidential Election, the Republican Party of Kentucky goes through a reorganization process. Through this process, we can strengthen our grassroots, create awareness of growth and opportunities within our party, and work toward electing Republican candidates to the service of Fayette County’s residents.
When: Saturday, June 19, 2021, Registration between 9:00-9:45 a.m.
Where: Central Bank Center, Ballroom, 430 W. Vine Street, Lexington, KY 40507
Who: To participate, you need to be a registered Republican voter in Fayette County as of October 5, 2020. In other words, you need to have been an eligible Republican Fayette County voter for the last general election November 3, 2020. You will need to show a government issued photo ID and, if you have moved from one precinct to another precinct in Fayette County (since October 11), you will need to provide proof of current address, too (i.e., utility bill, driver’s license, etc.). These are the only requirements and we want participation from as many Republicans as possible, regardless of your level of past political involvement or experience.
How Does Reorganization Work?
Precinct Officer Elections
- Precinct Officer Election Process. The reorganization process starts with electing Precinct Officers. Fayette County Republican voters from each precinct will meet and elect a Captain, a Co-Captain, and a Youth Captain (40 Years of Age or Younger).
- Precinct Officer Duties. First, Precinct Officers meet immediately after they are elected on Saturday June 19th and they elect the new Republican Party of Fayette County Executive Committee members. Second, Precinct Officers are expected to support the Republican Party and volunteer on behalf of Republican candidates. They are the front lines of grassroots volunteerism and they play a vital role in helping the party campaign effectively and win elections. Precinct Officers help build the Republican Party’s base by networking with voters, helping recruit volunteers and new voters, distributing yard signs and assisting with voter outreach. Precinct Officers are elected leaders of the party and, therefore, cannot volunteer, publicly support, sign ballot petitions for, or contribute financially to non-Republican candidates in partisan elections against a Republican candidate.
Election of the Republican Party of Fayette County Executive Committee.
- Executive Committee Election Process. Immediately after Precinct Officers are elected, Precinct Officers will meet for the purpose of electing the members of the Republican Party of Fayette County Executive Committee. If you would like for your name to be on the ballot for the Executive Committee, you must complete the form below and submit it to Fran Anderson, Party Chairman, at [email protected] , or Barbara Ellerbrook, Nominating Committee Chairman, at [email protected] , by no later than June 16, 2021. Forms may also be mailed to RPFC, P.O. Box 4288, Lexington, KY 40544, but should be received by no later than June 16, 2021.
- Executive Committee Member Duties. Executive Committee members are required to pay annual dues of $50 (currently)to the Republican Party of Fayette County, in addition to being expected to financially support Republican candidates for public office to the extent practicable. Executive Committee members are expected to attend monthly meetings, which are presently scheduled for the third Monday of each month (with the exception of December and July of each year) at 7:00 p.m. Members may contact the Secretary to be excused from a meeting, but members with three consecutive unexcused absences will be removed from the committee. Executive Committee members are expected to support all Republican candidates for elected office in partisan elections. Executive Committee and members may not volunteer for, publicly support, sign ballot petitions for, or contribute financially to a non-Republican in a partisan election against a Republican candidate. Executive Committee members, as leaders of the Republican Party in Fayette County, are expected to participate in party activities as much as possible.
Election of the Republican Party of Fayette County Officers.
- Immediately after the Executive Committee has been elected, the newly elected Executive Committee shall meet to elect officers. Positions to be elected are Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, and Youth Chairman (Under 40). If you are interested in consideration for an office, you must submit a letter of interest to Fran Anderson, Party Chairman, at [email protected] , or Barbara Ellerbrook, Nominating Committee Chairman, at [email protected] , by no later than May 18, 2021. Letters of interest may also be mailed to RPFC, P.O. Box 4288, Lexington, KY 40544, but should be received by no later than May 18, 2021. The Nominating Committee will present a slate of officers to the newly elected Executive Committee as stated in the bylaws of the RPFC.
Details: Specific details about elections procedures can be found in the Republican Party of Kentucky Rules, which can be found at www.rpk.org.